Variational and nonvariational density functional theories of a single excited state are reviewed. The asymptotic behavior of the exchange correlation potential in these theories is studied. Generalized OPM and KLI approximations are discussed. Cusp relation for the Kohn-Sham and exchange correlation potentials is proved in the KLI approximation.
- Asymptotic behavior of the exchange correlation potential
- Cusp relation for the exchange correlation potential
- Theories for a single excited state
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry