Energy correlations between γ-ray transitions and the prompt proton decay line in 58Cu were studied by means of the fusion-evaporation reaction 40Ca(24Mg,1α1p1n) using the EUROBALL spectrometer coupled to ancillary detector devices. A lifetime of 0.06<τ<0.58 ps for the 8915 keV proton-decaying state in 58Cu is deduced.
- Deduced lifetime of proton-decaying state
- EUROBALL γ -ray spectrometer
- ISIS charged particle ball
- Measured γ -proton energy correlations
- NUCLEAR REACTIONS Mg + Ca at 96 MeV
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics