The Committee of the Hungarian Medical Education which had been proposed by professors József Fodor, Frigyes Kordnyi and Kdlmdn Muller and established in 1883, was the first Hungarian authority dealt with the continuous medical education. The "ORVOSKÉPZÉS" (Medical Education), the first periodical formed for the support of the continuous medical education in Hungary, debuted in 1911, and it's first tome contained forty reviews, published on seven hundred pages. During the years beginning with 1920, the papers presented in the periodical reflected basically the specialization of the medical sciences, and it's most important communications were written by distinguished professors of the medical faculty of the Budapest University of Sciences. By the end stage of the II. Word War, from 1944 until 1960, the Orvoskepzes could not appear. After it's renewal it was loosely integrated to the Postgraduate Medical School of Budapest. After this transitional period, at the time of the formation of the integrated Semmelweis University, the ORVOSKÉPZÉS" was incorporated into the education task of the university. In 2008, professor Béla Merkely has been charged as managing editor, and professors János Gál and Róbert Longer were nominated as chief editors of the journal. The leadership of the Semmelweis University as well as the Editorial Board strongly believes, that during the next hundred year, the Orvosképzés" would also successfully serve in the renewal of the medical knowledge, and fulfill the goals and tasks of the continuous medical education.
|Translated title of the contribution||The firs hundred year of the "ORVOSKÉPZÉS"|
|Number of pages||10|
|Publication status||Published - Dec 5 2011|
ASJC Scopus subject areas