Rutile-type Co x Ti1∈-∈x O 2∈-∈d laser deposited on alumina substrate was studied after 57Co doping, using emission Mössbauer spectroscopy. It was found that although under certain conditions (i.e., which result in high conductivity) the thin rutile layers showed magnetooptical effect, the Mössbauer probe did not reveal any magnetic splitting, but showed paramagnetic Co3+ (Fe3+) in the films of low electric resistance. This supports that these samples have carrier induced magnetism which is also connected to the defect structure of the rutile films.
- Dilute magnetic semiconductor
- Emission Mössbauer spectroscopy
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry