The structure of 102In has been investigated by in-beam γ-spectroscopic methods. Knowledge on the excited states of this nucleus has significantly been extended. Three cascades of transitions were observed to exceed the spin-energy domain spanned by the πg9/9-1v(d5/2, g7/2)3 configurations. The new high spin states at ∼4 MeV excitation energy could be assigned to the πg9/2-1v(d5/2, g7/2)2h11/2 configuration, while at least those at 4.733, 5.192 and 5.853 MeV most likely arise from the vg9/2 → vd5/2, g7/2 one-particle-one-hole excitation across the N = 50 shell closure.
- Comparison with shell model calculations
- EUROBALL and ISIS arrays, neutron wall
- In deduced levels, J, π, configurations, transition multipolarities
- NUCLEAR REACTIONS Fe(Ni, np2α), E=240 MeV; measured Eγ, lγ, γγ-, (charged particle)γ-,(neutron)γ-coin., γ-ray polarization
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics