Felméro vizsgálat a légzoszervi tünetek között elhullott sertések tüdejében eloforduló kórokozókról és a patológiai elváltozásokról

Translated title of the contribution: Examination about the occurrence of pathogens and pathological lesions of lung samples collected from pigs died presenting respiratory clinical symptoms

L. Szeredi, Deim Zoltán, S. Jánosi

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

1 Citation (Scopus)

Abstract

The authors examined lung tissue samples collected from 140 pigs died presenting respiratory clinical symptoms. Pneumonia was observed in 97 cases (69%) with gross pathological, and in 135 cases (96%) with histological examination. PCV2 was the most frequent respiratory pathogen (49 cases, 35%), followed by Pasteurella multocida (41 cases, 29%), porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (10 cases, 7%), Streptococcus spp. (10 cases, 7%), swine influenza virus (4 cases, 3%), Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (4 cases, 3%), A. suis (2, 1.4%), Arcanobacterium pyogenes (1 case, 0.7%) and Bordetella bronchiseptica (1 case, 0.7%). Chlamydia was not detected. Single infection was found in 41 of the 74 cases (55%) with positive microbiological results, while co-infections of 2 to 4 pathogens were found in the remaining 33 cases(45%). Pathological lesions were suggestive only for cases with PCV2 and P. multocida infections. In conclusion, detailed pathological and microbiological examinations are necessary for the exact diagnosis of swine respiratory diseases.

Original languageHungarian
Pages (from-to)293-302
Number of pages10
JournalMagyar Allatorvosok Lapja
Volume135
Issue number5
Publication statusPublished - May 2013

Fingerprint

pathogen occurrence
Pasteurella multocida
lesions (animal)
signs and symptoms (animals and humans)
Actinobacillus suis
Arcanobacterium
Swine
Swine Diseases
lungs
Pasteurella Infections
Bordetella bronchiseptica
Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae
Porcine respiratory and reproductive syndrome virus
Arcanobacterium pyogenes
Lung
swine
Chlamydia
pathogens
Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus
Streptococcus

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • veterinary(all)

Cite this

@article{768d8cb92d144ff58fbd9636697bcf33,
title = "Felm{\'e}ro vizsg{\'a}lat a l{\'e}gzoszervi t{\"u}netek k{\"o}z{\"o}tt elhullott sert{\'e}sek t{\"u}dej{\'e}ben elofordul{\'o} k{\'o}rokoz{\'o}kr{\'o}l {\'e}s a patol{\'o}giai elv{\'a}ltoz{\'a}sokr{\'o}l",
abstract = "The authors examined lung tissue samples collected from 140 pigs died presenting respiratory clinical symptoms. Pneumonia was observed in 97 cases (69{\%}) with gross pathological, and in 135 cases (96{\%}) with histological examination. PCV2 was the most frequent respiratory pathogen (49 cases, 35{\%}), followed by Pasteurella multocida (41 cases, 29{\%}), porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (10 cases, 7{\%}), Streptococcus spp. (10 cases, 7{\%}), swine influenza virus (4 cases, 3{\%}), Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (4 cases, 3{\%}), A. suis (2, 1.4{\%}), Arcanobacterium pyogenes (1 case, 0.7{\%}) and Bordetella bronchiseptica (1 case, 0.7{\%}). Chlamydia was not detected. Single infection was found in 41 of the 74 cases (55{\%}) with positive microbiological results, while co-infections of 2 to 4 pathogens were found in the remaining 33 cases(45{\%}). Pathological lesions were suggestive only for cases with PCV2 and P. multocida infections. In conclusion, detailed pathological and microbiological examinations are necessary for the exact diagnosis of swine respiratory diseases.",
author = "L. Szeredi and Deim Zolt{\'a}n and S. J{\'a}nosi",
year = "2013",
month = "5",
language = "Hungarian",
volume = "135",
pages = "293--302",
journal = "Magyar Allatorvosok Lapja",
issn = "0025-004X",
publisher = "Magyar Mezogazdasag Ltd",
number = "5",

}

TY - JOUR

T1 - Felméro vizsgálat a légzoszervi tünetek között elhullott sertések tüdejében eloforduló kórokozókról és a patológiai elváltozásokról

AU - Szeredi, L.

AU - Zoltán, Deim

AU - Jánosi, S.

PY - 2013/5

Y1 - 2013/5

N2 - The authors examined lung tissue samples collected from 140 pigs died presenting respiratory clinical symptoms. Pneumonia was observed in 97 cases (69%) with gross pathological, and in 135 cases (96%) with histological examination. PCV2 was the most frequent respiratory pathogen (49 cases, 35%), followed by Pasteurella multocida (41 cases, 29%), porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (10 cases, 7%), Streptococcus spp. (10 cases, 7%), swine influenza virus (4 cases, 3%), Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (4 cases, 3%), A. suis (2, 1.4%), Arcanobacterium pyogenes (1 case, 0.7%) and Bordetella bronchiseptica (1 case, 0.7%). Chlamydia was not detected. Single infection was found in 41 of the 74 cases (55%) with positive microbiological results, while co-infections of 2 to 4 pathogens were found in the remaining 33 cases(45%). Pathological lesions were suggestive only for cases with PCV2 and P. multocida infections. In conclusion, detailed pathological and microbiological examinations are necessary for the exact diagnosis of swine respiratory diseases.

AB - The authors examined lung tissue samples collected from 140 pigs died presenting respiratory clinical symptoms. Pneumonia was observed in 97 cases (69%) with gross pathological, and in 135 cases (96%) with histological examination. PCV2 was the most frequent respiratory pathogen (49 cases, 35%), followed by Pasteurella multocida (41 cases, 29%), porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (10 cases, 7%), Streptococcus spp. (10 cases, 7%), swine influenza virus (4 cases, 3%), Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (4 cases, 3%), A. suis (2, 1.4%), Arcanobacterium pyogenes (1 case, 0.7%) and Bordetella bronchiseptica (1 case, 0.7%). Chlamydia was not detected. Single infection was found in 41 of the 74 cases (55%) with positive microbiological results, while co-infections of 2 to 4 pathogens were found in the remaining 33 cases(45%). Pathological lesions were suggestive only for cases with PCV2 and P. multocida infections. In conclusion, detailed pathological and microbiological examinations are necessary for the exact diagnosis of swine respiratory diseases.

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=84878153864&partnerID=8YFLogxK

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=84878153864&partnerID=8YFLogxK

M3 - Article

AN - SCOPUS:84878153864

VL - 135

SP - 293

EP - 302

JO - Magyar Allatorvosok Lapja

JF - Magyar Allatorvosok Lapja

SN - 0025-004X

IS - 5

ER -