An emulated digital CNN-UM (CASTLE) architecture was published few years ago.1 Different emulated digital CNN-UM architectures are analyzed in the paper. These new modified architectures are optimized according to the silicon area, operating speed or dissipated power. A reconfigurable arithmetic core will also be shown in the paper, by which solution of the neighborhood size can be changed. An advanced CASTLE with pipe-lining is presented. The operation frequency is increased by using this solution in approximately 10 times.
- CNN Universal Machine
- Cellular nonlinear/neural networks (CNN)
- Emulated digital architecture
- Optimized arithmetic core
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Hardware and Architecture
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering