Simultaneous whistler records of one station and geomagnetic pulsation (Pc3) records at three stations were compared. In a previous study correlation was found between occurrence and L value of propagation/excitation for the two phenomena. The recently investigated simultaneous records have shown that the correlation is better on longer time scales (days) than on shorter ones (minutes), but the L values of the propagation of whistlers/excitation of pulsations are correlated, i.e. if whistlers propagate in higher latitude ducts, pulsations have periods longer than in the case when whistlers propagate in lower latitude ducts.
- Electromagnetics (wave propagation)
- Magnetospheric physics (magnetospheric configuration and dynamics; MHD waves and unstabilities)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Atmospheric Science
- Earth and Planetary Sciences (miscellaneous)
- Space and Planetary Science