A double-chambered right ventricle was diagnosed prenatally by ultrasound examination in a case of fetal hydrops and polyhydramnios. Delivery was induced at the 28th week. 2D echocardiography of the newborn confirmed the intrauterine diagnosis. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of prenatally diagnosed divided right ventricle, causing hydrops.
- Double-chambered right ventricle
- Fetal echocardiography
- Non-immune hydrops fetalis
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology